|Human information agents include insurance agents, travel agents, voter registrars, mail-order service clerks, telephone information operators, employment agents, AAA route planners, customer service agents, bank loan officers, and many, many others. Such human agents must typically possess a common set of skills. These would often include most of the following:
- Communicating with clients in their natural language;
- Reading from and writing to databases of various sorts (insurance rates, airline schedules, voter roles, company catalogs, etc.);
- Knowing, understanding and adhering to company or agency policies;
- Planning and decision making (coverage to suggest, routes and carriers to offer, loan to authorize, etc);
- Negotiating with clients about the issues involved;
- Generating a tangible product (insurance policy, airline tickets, customer order, etc.).